Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cassidy the (Un)Quotable

How Barry Cassidy works with us ... in his own words (for $111,000 a year):

WARNING: SOME OF THIS MATERIAL MAY BE UNSUITABLE FOR ADULTS.



anthony requested to attend the PABA business association meeting to tell his side of the story ...what’s up with that? see he is fighting no matter what...doesn’t get it...to leave me alone

---May 31, 2007 email to Councilman Kirkner


it di not predate steve. I just gave them every contract; this is exactly what they do...fuckin exactly. need more information...don’t know...i have been after him for a year on this 5k...they don’t want to work with me. tell them to fuckin find it...I HATE WORKING HERE.

---June 6, 2007 email to Councilman Kirkner


Rich; yeah your right...but they do this all the time. I am sorry. I want to discontinue our meetings. I think that it is a waste of both our time. I heard that same question over and over and provided the information...they suck...your just a guy that really wants to do the right things...I realize that. I am frustrated and really I want out...I can go somewhere where they have someone who can process a simple invoice and tell me what is happening not me have to make them work. these are very dark days for me...i do not want to ruin your revitalization but i am not prepared to work like this much longer...a revitalization is not one man...you guys should be happy i got you this far and move on. anthony is not welcome at the merchant meeting. ellie is calling him and telling him to stay home. if he comes i eat him alive in front of everyone...the press attends that there. attached is the grant list. Just get me my 5000 and we can call it a day. If there are any requests just e mail me and i will comply. let me know when you want me to show up at a council meeting. I really have lost the spirit to work here. I do hate working here, from the most fun job to dreading to come to work because i am working with a bunch of yahoo administrators who “can’t carry my jock strap” to quote larry holmes and really why should i care if you have lots of money out there? no skin off my nose...it is your cash flow not mine. I met with manny today and he talked me into staying for a little while longer. I cut out our previous conversation on this e mail and am sending you my response with a cc to manny because even after the pep talk...i just can’t do this much longer and he should know where i am.

---June 6, 2007 email to Councilman Kirkner


it does not really matter anymore i am applying for other jobs and i will be gone soon. that day at the foundry showed me that this will not work. we came up with 16 points and he did not follow them...no need to come up with any more. i had a pretty successful interview with west hollywood arts and entertainment district and i am waiting to see if i made it to the second round. i spoke with greensboro NC and pensacola. I am preparing to list my house for sale...you guys already lost me. I am at peace with myself now...knowing this will never work and i have stopped trying.

---June 19, 2007 email to Councilman Kirkner

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this is f*ing unbelievable. I know you would know Mr. Breuer, just what is the total compensation package to the borough manager. Add that amount to the money paid to Cassidy, then add that to the finance director and the department for accounts receivable and payable. We pay top dollar, we deserve more. It is a crime and a betrayal of public trust that the majority members of council have allowed this to happen on their watch.

The Chicken Cacciatore Project said...

As near as I can tell, the Manager gets about $106K in salary and health benefits. This does not count the car allowance, retirement plan, or the (much needed) educational stipend.

I estimate from the budget that the finance director gets between $90K and $100K in salary and benefits.

The CDC gets $111K for its services.

So, we're well north of $317K.

Please don't tell me you don't think they are worth it?

Anonymous said...

Think what you want about Barry Cassidy, but is anyone really arguing that the current staff isn't qualified?

Anonymous said...

If Cassidy is so unhappy, why is he still here?

These e-mails are from June -- it's August and he's still here.

Maybe we need to start singing Cassidy's praises on these blogs so that if any of his potential employers are surfing the Net, they won't realize what a disaster he is. . .

. . . however, someone else can go first -- I have my own trove of threatening Cassidy e-mails (he does treat everyone he's not happy with the same!), so I just can't work up the happy spin -- even to get him out of here.

Anonymous said...

"...Attached is the grant list..." Am I the only one in this borough besides John Messina who wants monitor the cash flow (but unlike Messina I can't sign against the bank account). A good, loud drama is always used by those with real interests in power and money. It's a distraction used by professionals in the art of separating you from your hard-earned cash.
OK already, I get it. Cassidy's email sounds close to psychotic and Digirolomo seems to act like a sneaky and incompetent control freak who likes to make himself out to be more important than what he has actually done to his old fellow political appointees in Harrisburg. But who wants to waste time on these two actors. I would like to know where the money is. Remember that we laid out over a quarter million to pay for 4 recycling trucks before receiving any compensation for over 2 years. Keep focused people. While you are watching the clowns and scary critters in this little circus someone is under the bleachers picking your pockets.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anon 8/16, 7:30 PM -- we need a a full accounting of where all of the public's money has gone.

This means that the CDC gets its long-overdue public audit with the results made public and that the Borough's books also be made public (perhaps on the website).

Follow the money -- that's what all this noise is trying to deflect us from.