Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Barry-Tone Solo

“Main Street-CDC Executive Director Barry Cassidy released the following statement Wednesday:

Barry Cassidy has been placed on administrative leave based upon substantial changes in the agreement that made him feel comfortable working in the borough. ‘A deal is a deal,’ Cassidy said. ‘I just want to get my work done in a timely manner. Working with people who are unqualified for their job is one thing, working with people who are unqualified for their job and don't know it is difficult at best. I have never worked in a system that is so bad, I do not believe, in my professional opinion that either Borough Manager Anthony DiGirolomo or Finance Director Steve Nease are currently qualified to work in the positions they occupy. Steve Nease would be okay if he takes government finance 101, as for DiGirolomo, I think he is beyond saving.’ ”
–The Phoenix, May 10, 2007


For those who are not conversant in “Barryspeak” I offer the following tentative translation:

“I work for the CDC, which is almost entirely funded by public money under a contract with the Borough. I have a beef with the Borough officials with whom I must work. Until I get to run things my way, I am giving myself time off with pay.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First this guy is very rude to the locals residents, than he rude to former merchants, now its boro employees,which all he is , is really just an boro employee. I think he thinks he someone special ,which is why he cant get along with most people. Now we find out who really is his BOSS . Could this be the beginning of the end? MMMM ,True colors are what happen in other towns? I get the blue now.Hey Chicken , what would you do?

Anonymous said...

I have heard him rude to his "female companion" in a local Phoenixville restuarant making very inappropriate comments to her LOUDLY. What another great example to our community of what it's "leaders" are like.